Sunday, July 27, 2008

Bragging...

So Marissa is on vacation right now, with no internet access and no way to check up on things here. Which means, I have full reign of what I can post! This would be a good time to bring out all the funny photos of crazy times at Disneyland and such. Hahaha. I'm not going to do that, don't worry. Instead, I'm going to take a little time to brag about my friend and biz partner. She would probably kill me for bragging about her, but she's not here so she can't stop me! ;) Ok so here's the deal. Marissa started Woman Captured about five years ago, although, it's REALLY taken off and gotten huge within the past 2 years or so. Which means that in just a few short years, this boudoir studio has totally blown up! We just recently moved from a 2-car garage into a 4,000+ square-foot studio! Riss usually waves off compliments, and she always downplays this fact. She's also a little shy about sharing photos of the new studio space, because in her mind, it's not completely "finished" yet. But I think it looks AMAZING. Sure, there are a few finishing touches to add to make it reflect the complete vision... but I am just so impressed by all that Marissa has done to get this space looking like it does. (I'm going to give a little sneak peak here... this is just a PORTION of the shooting space in the new studio - it's SO huge!) :) Yes, I know I may be bragging a bit too much - so I'll get down to the heart of it. We can't take the credit. For anything. Yes, I'm SO proud of Marissa... she's come so far in such a short time! But Marissa would also be the first to acknowledge that NONE of this would be possible without God. In her new office/workspace, Riss has a verse written on the main wall: "Let the beauty of the Lord establish the work of your hands..." (Ps 90:17). Marissa and I both know that we wouldn't be where we are today without God. Our faith is so important to us, and we just want to acknowledge how we know that any amount of success that we see w/ the boudoir studio, the boudoir book, or our own personal photo businesses - ALL is because we have been blessed by God. That's all. Enjoy your weekend, everyone! Riss, see you soon!

No comments: